Principal Microservices Engineer
The Principal Microservices Engineer is responsible for developing the culture, patterns, and practices that embrace a microservices infrastructure at DaySmart. This hands-on role requires expertise in building serverless and containerized microservices leveraging API gateways, event bus, and service mesh to rapidly scale DaySmart's diverse capabilities and customer use cases. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player with strong communication and collaboration skills, able to work with engineers and business leaders worldwide, and has a proven record of solving business problems in a timely and cost-effective manner with high quality.
- Lead the transition to a Microservices product and systems architecture at DaySmart
- Work with product, architects, and engineers to understand product-related outcomes and design and implement services that allow DaySmart to simplify and scale its application infrastructure
- Implement patterns and systems allowing for independently deployable full-stack microservices at a level of granularity appropriate for team composition and business value
- Consult with teams on building high-performance and highly scalable services that will meet or exceed defined service level objectives
- Architect and advise teams on cross-microservice communication, event notification, and effectively implementing a multi-tenant data layer via NoSQL or SQL technologies
- Build standards for observability and monitoring and train delivery teams to effectively use these tools
- 10+ years of experience with large-scale, high-performance, multi-tenant software development
- Highly proficient in AWS cloud technologies related to microservice development, such as API Gateway, CloudFront, EventBridge, Lambda, EKS, DynamoDB, etc
- Proficient in many multi-tenant system architectures with the ability to reason about the tradeoffs, limitations, and merits of the alternatives
- Extensive understanding of agile development concepts
- Proficiency with creating and maintaining multi-region CI/CD pipelines, built for speed of delivery
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong team skills and a desire to innovate and push for organizational change
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- 401K with match
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- And more!
DaySmart is committed to creating a diverse employee environment and is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.