The Human Resource Specialist- Benefits aids with and facilitates the human resource processes at all DaySmart US office locations. This role administers employee health and welfare plans and acts as liaison between employees and insurance providers. This position resolves benefits-related problems and ensures effective use of plans and positive employee relations. The Human Resource specialist makes certain that plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and that plan provisions are followed. This role provides administrative support to the human resource function, including record-keeping, and HRIS entry and system administration. Additionally, this position will serve as the site HR Generalist for the Scottsdale, AZ office. This role is a hybrid position that will involve some face to the customer time in the office and remote work
What You’ll Be Working on:
- Develop and implement communication strategies to ensure effective promotion and understanding of US benefit offerings to new and existing employees, candidates, and their family members.
- Administer all company benefit programs and packages including, but not limited to: 401k, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, FSA, HRA, HSA, and the Employee Assistance Program.
- Track and manage employee existing leaves: collect documentation on ADA, FMLA, paid parental leave, personal leave of absence and manage these cases, work with benefits carriers to monitor and report out on updates to managers and HR for open disability claims and paid leaves of absence
- Manage carrier integrations/files and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Responsible for annual renewals and open enrollment, ACA reporting and compliance and company wellness offerings and programs
- Aid and resolve benefit related queries and issues in a timely and professional manner
- Act as a subject matter expert on benefits plans, policies and offerings. Stays up to date on state and federal mandates and changes.
- Evaluate existing benefits against portfolio and similar programs to determine competitiveness, value and best offerings to create comprehensive communications and presentations when suggesting changes
- Complete required compliance tasks and reporting in conjunction with vendor and broker guidance. Point of contact for HR and benefits audits including annual 5500, and ensuring accuracy of employee data
- Perform site HR Generalist support to the Scottsdale office, responding to employee requests and questions. Act as a trusted advisor to employees and managers.
- Administer full employee lifecycle changes in our HRIS (employee onboarding, job changes, terminations).
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date files, records, and documentation
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What You Bring to the table:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- 2 years of benefits administration experience or HRIS experience with a focus on benefits.
- Preferred: experience as an HR Generalist with a focus on benefits.
- HR certification preferred.
- Experience in leadership coaching/training
- Experience completing employee investigations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle sensitive employee information in strictest confidence.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
Our software has been used by over 200,000 users globally—serving salon, spa, pet grooming, and tattoo industries. DaySmart is a fast-paced, rapidly growing company, which was named one of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies by Inc. 500|5000 eight years in a row and a Michigan 50 Company To Watch. For additional information, please visit http://www.daysmart.com.
DaySmart Software is pleased to offer a full range of benefits through our network of partners. We offer three medical plans through Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) and also offer a High Deductible Health Plan w/HSA. DaySmart offers voluntary coverage like Accident, Cancer Care, Critical Illness and Hospital Confinement as a supplement to your medical coverage. Dental, vision and tele-health access are also available. You also have access to a health care and/or dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs). Your benefit package also includes Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance as well as Voluntary Life insurance. This includes short-term and long-term disability benefits.
DaySmart is committed to creating a diverse employee environment and is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.