We are continuing to add to our team! If you are looking for a dynamic, team-focused company where your contributions are meaningful, we are looking for you.
We are seeking a User Experience Designer (0-3 years experience) to help define and improve core workflows, with a focus on usability and ease of use for business owners and end users.
- Work closely with a Product Manager to translate business requirements into practical and effective workflows that meet user needs
- Collaborate with an Agile Development Team to defend design decisions and guide implementation details to completion – no siloed handoffs
- Design solutions across a suite of Salon, Pet, Spa, and Body Art web apps
- Reach out to clients to validate new designs and better understand existing mental models and behaviors
- Assist with the maintenance and iteration of our style guide and design component library
- Own each step of the design process including (but not limited to) research, flow diagrams and lo-fi prototypes, validation testing, and hi-fi mockups for development
- Participate in design reviews within the UX Team
Experience We’re Looking For
- Portfolio demonstrating your problem solving and creative process
- Strong communicator to build rapport with team members and effectively articulate and defend design decisions in front of stakeholders
- The ambition to set lofty goals that raise the bar and the persistence and follow-through to make it happen
- Divergent thinker to challenge existing ideas and draw inspiration from unexpected sources in creative ways
- Ability to provide actionable design feedback constructively and receive feedback non-defensively with an open mind
- 0-3 years of experience
- Perpetual focus on the customer
- Sense of humor and positive attitude
- Experience with Adobe XD a plus
- Passion for user research a plus
DaySmart Software, Inc. is a Michigan-based company headquartered in Ann Arbor with offices in Raleigh, North Carolina. DaySmart specializes in the design, development, and support of simple, but powerful, scheduling and resource management software solutions. Our software has been used by over 200,000 users globally—serving salon, spa, pet grooming, and tattoo industries. DaySmart is a fast-paced, rapidly growing company, which was named one of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies by Inc. 500|5000 eight years in a row and a Michigan 50 Company To Watch. For additional information, please visit http://www.daysmart.com.
DaySmart is committed to creating a diverse employee environment and is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.